Gram flour - 150 gms
Water - as required
Sugar - 1 1/2tsp
Citric acid - 1 tsp
Sodabicarb - 1/2 tsp
Green chilies - 2 nos
Ginger grated - 5 gms
Yellow colouring - 2-3 drops
Salt - to taste
Coconut grated - 1/2 cup
Coriander chopped - 1/4 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Warm the water. Take flour in a large bowl. Place sugar and citric acid in a cup. Place soda bicarb in another cup. Pour a little of the water over each..
2. Pour remaining water in gram flour, add chili and ginger.
3. Mix well with palm till smooth.
4. Place the pressure cooker on gas with 1 litre water and stand, grease a round cooker or cake tin and place in the cooker. Allow to heat.
5. Add sugar solution and colour to better. Mix well till light and fluffy. Add soda solution and mix well. Pour into prepared tin before the foam goes down. Do not touch spoon now. Cover tin with a perforated lid and close cooker. Cook without whistle for 13-14 minutes. Remove tin and allow it to cool. Cut in cubes and remove with spatula
6. Heat oil in a small pan. Add mustard seed, allow it to splutter. Pour over Dhokla cubes. Sprinkle coconuts and coriander.
7. A popular Gujarati snack time item. Soft as spongy, also served at the start of a meal.